Saturday 3 June 2017

The Joy of Shell and Esso

Sunday, 28 June 2015

If you pop into a garage/service station these days you normally see offers for USB chargers or some sort of hands free crap which you don't need..........or a plastic cup holder which plays mp3s and also doubles up as a screw driver set. If you popped into a garage in the 70s to top up (providing that they had any fuel at all, or you could get past all the rubbish that was piling up) then you might have been tempted to collect one/all of these. Shells Great Britains book and their Man in Flight/Historic Cars coin collection. Not to be outdone Esso jumped in with their 1970 World Cup coin collection. I should point out here that the coin collections belong to my friend and collector of many many things Mr Palmer. When I was growing up we never had a car in our family, so I never had the pleasure of collecting all these coins. I should say I did posses the odd one or two, which were donated to me by some friends of the family, who obviously felt very sorry for us, and did not want me to miss out on these great things. So where do you stand???? Coins and Book or solar powered USB charging coffer holder with micro garden lights socket set.
1 comment:

No comments:

Post a Comment