Saturday 3 June 2017

1970s Bedroom

Saturday, 12 November 2011

I found this picture a while ago. Its my bedroom floor from about late 1977. At the time I was going through my year zero punk phase. So all of this was going to be packed away. 
I remember taking the photo with our families trusted old Kodak Instamatic 25. On the bottom left are my sensible School Shoes and Sports bag, both of which lived in that spot for years. 
By mid 78 all these comics and books came back out of the cupboard and sat quite happy on the bedroom shelfs with the Sex Pistols, Clash and early Ultravox albums.  Out of shot on the right is the Aurora model of the Pan Am Orion Space Shuttle from 2001,  Aurora Spiderman and Airfix rampaging Scorpion. What is obviously noticeable is that I went to the trouble of laying all this out on the floor and then not getting half of it in the picture. Note the electric blanket cable poking out from under the bed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment