Wednesday 8 August 2018

T-shirt Mysteries, part # 1.


Many, many years ago, my mother visited Paris and returned with a t-shirt bearing the design pictured above, which she presented to me as a gift. I have no idea why.

And, likewise, I have no idea what message this image was supposed to convey to Parisians, but I’ve always found it both intriguing and extremely sinister.

Now that the t-shirt has finally reached the stage where it is fit only for a dish-cloth, I thought it might be a good idea to scan the design and share it with the world, before it fades away entirely.

Answers on a postcard please, should you have any idea what it’s all about.

5 comments:

  1. At the very least I'd like to know what those rectangles behind the mice are meant to be. Bricks, mebbe? I fear none of this will be answered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, they're rats, not mice. Maybe there was a thing about cleaning up Paris, dealing with the rodent problem (by fire?), and they're safe in the sewer laughing at claims they are "no danger" any more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The headline is "Dossier Dechets" = "waste report". Rats laughing at plans for an incinerator???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your speculations Pete - I'm glad I'm not the only one to find this fairly puzzling.

    It's the sort of demonic head pictured in the newspaper that really gets me...

    ReplyDelete